Charlie — a short story for English reading and speaking
A young man engages with an old lady while waiting for the bus. The lady talks about her beloved Charlie and how much she misses him. The man thinks Charlie was her husband.
But Charlie is not a man...
This is a great short story lesson plan ideal for any English or ESL class.
It comes complete and ready to use in PDF format. Each exercise starts on a new page.
The lesson plan consists of:
- some introductory questions
- Charlie - a short story of around 1000 words
- a page of reading comprehension questions
- a table of essential vocabulary and exercise
- a page of discussion questions
- a group discussion activity
- a writing exercise
You can use this immediately for your class today. The story and exercises are engaging and designed to help your students speak out in class.
Join my mailing list and I will send you new lesson plans by email.
Click the link below:
Or visit my site for more guides and articles about English and ESL.
a 12-page English lesson plan for English reading and speaking
- a 12-page English lesson plan for English reading and speaking
- Size422 KB
- Length12 pages