Gold — a short story for English reading and speaking
This is a story about greed - and a little stupidity.
A man thinks he finds a piece of gold at the bottom of his garden. He makes great plans about his future until his wife makes a discovery.
This is an entertaining short story and lesson plan for any English or ESL class.
It comes complete and ready to use in PDF format. Each exercise starts on a new page.
The lesson plan consists of:
- Gold - a short story of around 1000 words
- a page of reading comprehension questions
- a table of essential vocabulary and exercise
- a page of discussion questions
You can use this immediately for your class today. The story and exercises are engaging and designed to help your students speak out in class.
Check out my website for my articles and lesson plans - ManWrites
or sign up to my mailing list for regular information - ManWrites Newsletter
a 9-page complete lesson plan for ESL in PDF format
- a 9-page complete lesson plan for ESL in PDF format
- Size633 KB
- Length9 pages