TELEVISION — a Big Topic lesson plan for English and ESL.
This lesson plan is all about TV. Everyone watches TV and so this lesson plan is very useful for you in your English/ESL class.
TV is a part of many people's daily lives and so this lesson plan provides a useful resource for teachers and students.
There are NINE exercises in this lesson plan. All in PDF format and formatted for ease of use in the classroom. You can print whatever exercises you need for your own purposes.
The lesson plan comes complete with:
- Reading — a 500-word monologue from a person talking about their TV viewing habits
- Reading Comprehension Questions — a list of questions for students to check what they have read
- Essential Vocabulary — a table of vocabulary around the topic of TV
- Discussion Questions - a list of questions to encourage conversation in the classroom around the topic of TV
- Role Play — a simple role play activity for two people
- Survey — a class survey where students can ask each other questions and present their findings to the class
- TV Genres — a vocabulary exercise about many different TV genres
- Group Activity — an exercise for small groups on creating a new TV show
- Writing — and a writing exercise that can be done in the class or as homework
Start the class with the three opening questions and then do the reading. Then you can go through all the vocabulary – or set it as homework for the students to do later.
Then there is a big list of questions that are designed to get your students talking.
It comes in easy to use PDF format, ideal for printing for your needs. Use it again and again for your English/ESL classes.
You can find more worksheets like this one here – ManWrites Printables
Or on my Gumroad page here – Gumroad/DavidBuckley