The Flying Machine
Jamie is building a flying machine. He is determined to finish his flying machine and fly away to a better life.
But why is he doing this?
And will he be successful?
This is a fantastic short story lesson plan ideal for any English or ESL class.
It comes complete and ready to use in PDF format. Each exercise starts on a new page.
The lesson plan consists of:
- some introductory questions
- The Flying Machine — a short story of around 1000 words
- a page of reading comprehension questions
- a table of essential vocabulary and exercise
- a page of discussion questions
- a role play
- a group activity on the use of metaphors in story
- a writing exercise
You can use this immediately for your class today. The story and exercises are engaging and designed to help your students speak out in class.
Join my mailing list and I will send you new lesson plans by email.
Click the link below:
Or visit my site for more guides and articles about English and ESL.
a 19-page short story lesson plan in PDF format
- a 19-page short story lesson plan in PDF format
- Size963 KB
- Length19 pages