The House Burglar
a short story for English reading and speaking
Tony goes into his kitchen in the middle of the night to come face to face with a burglar.
He is young — and very nervous.
Tony sees the knife in his hand and has to play his next moves very carefully.
This is a great short story lesson plan ideal for any English or ESL class.
It comes complete and ready to use in PDF format. Each exercise starts on a new page.
The lesson plan consists of:
- some introductory questions
- The House Burglar - a short story of around 1000 words
- a page of reading comprehension questions
- a table of essential vocabulary and exercise
- a page of discussion questions
- a role play
- a debate activity
- a writing exercise
You can use this immediately for your class today. The story and exercises are engaging and designed to help your students speak out in class.
Join my mailing list and I will send you new lesson plans by email.
Click the link below:
Or visit my site for more guides and articles about English and ESL.
a 13-page lesson plan in PDF format
- a 13-page lesson plan in PDF format
- Size370 KB
- Length13 pages