The Lucky Horse
a short story for English reading and speaking
Hedley loves to bet on the horses. And this time he has been given a dead cert by his friend Blake.
But he has mixed up the horses names... Or has he?
This is a great short story lesson plan ideal for any English or ESL class.
It comes complete and ready to use in PDF format. Each exercise starts on a new page.
The lesson plan consists of:
- some introductory questions
- The Lucky Horse - a short story of around 1000 words
- a page of reading comprehension questions
- a table of essential vocabulary and exercise
- a page of discussion questions
- a role play
- a debate activity
- a writing exercise
You can use this immediately for your class today. The story and exercises are engaging and designed to help your students speak out in class.
Join my mailing list and I will send you new lesson plans by email.
Click the link below:
Or visit my site for more guides and articles about English and ESL.
a 16-page complete lesson plan in PDF format
- a 16-page complete lesson plan in PDF format
- Size253 KB
- Length16 pages